Sunday, January 10, 2016

2016 Week 2 In Review

Happy Feast of the Baptism of Our Lord! 
We concluded our celebration of the Christmas season with French silk pie (since the ingredients make 2 pies :-)



Our first week of school in 2016 went well!  It's amazing how moving to a new state and living in a temporary home (read most of your personal belongings are in boxes and will be for the next 3 months) has a bit of craziness/chaos involved.  There is still much to do and each week is an adventure but at least now I can look a week ahead at a time rather than taking it day by day or hour by hour.  We remain grateful for the many blessings God has showered on our family and are in awe as we watch His hand at work in our lives. 

Here are the highlights from this past week:

John turned 9 months old today!
 Favorite things - playing with my brothers and sister, being tickled and riding on my little car.   I can stand and scoot backward.  I'm not quite cruising or crawling yet but I can make my car go forward and love it when my siblings push the car really fast.




We completed week 11 of Catholic School House including the art project and science experiment(I had to order the science and art books so we took December off from CSH.  I really miss our Co-op in Green Bay - it's a lot more work to do it on my own without the other moms - but still fun and worth it.   I'm hoping some other homeschoolers will be interested in CSH for next year.

Learning about homogeneous and heterogeneous - washable marker is hetergeneous
Enjoying a snack while checking out the results of our chromatography experiment

Luke got a new tent for Christmas and the kids camped out this weekend.  We made a "camping" special dessert - smores in the microwave :-)


The kids played nicely with their toy animals - all 5 together without fighting or tears ....well at least for a little while....



I was able to have a night out for a women's Bible Study reflecting on the Visitation and learned a few things - I love Scripture studies!  The study is done by Dr. Edward Sri at the Augustine Institute and it was excellent - I really enjoyed the materials.  Cool insights from the study:  Elizabeth's greeting of Mary "Blessed are you among women" echoes the praise of two other women in the Bible Jael (Judges 5:24-26) and Judith (Judith 13:18) at the moment when they crushed the heads of their adversaries....as the seed of Mary will crush the head of Satan (Gen. 3:15).  The Ark of the Covenant spent 3 months in the hill country before entering the city of David just as Mary spent 3 months in the hill country with Elizabeth.  (read Lk 1:39-43,56 & 2 Samuel 6:2, 9-16) and there was more :-)

We looked at many houses this and are still looking for the right house that fits our price range, size needs with a nice yard and isn't more than a 30 minute drive...

Life is good and we love this time with our little ones!  May God bless you and your families!




No comments:

Post a Comment