Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Oh Spring, where art thou?

I looked out my window today and saw a wintry scene.  It's April 10th!
It is not the scene that I would have chosen to see today but I am grateful. 
There are so many times in my life that I have thought "I don't want to do this or go to this place" but God's plan for me included choosing things I would not have chosen otherwise. 
I am so glad that God's able to work past my blindness 
and sneak in through the small cracks I leave for His will.  
I would not have chosen to live in a cold climate 
but then I would never have met my wonderful husband and I can't imagine life without him or the beautiful children God has blessed us with.
I said I didn't want to move further north or to a place so far from an airport but God has enriched our lives with new friends and the joy of sharing our faith with others and growing to trust and abandon ourselves to His will.  No, on my own I would not choose many things that to me seem undesirable but by embracing God's plan in my life I have found joy and happiness as well as trials and growth beyond what I would have ever envisioned.
Praise God from whom all blessings flow,
Snow and ice, bless the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment